Thursday, October 1, 2009

Garden of the Gods: A No Fishing Trip

They tricked me by saying that we would go fishing later in the day. What they didn’t tell me is that the hiking and exploring would eat up most of the day. By the time we left there was little energy and even less daylight to fish. I had been successfully duped.

The place is actually quite picturesque with brilliant colored rock formations and natural area that has been dubbed Garden of the Gods in 1859. The history is nearly as colorful as the landscape especially during the gold rush period.


(Above: Garden of the Gods is located near Colorado Springs and contains some impressive rock formations, quality hiking and unique history. But there is no fishing.)

The trails, visitor center, gift shop, and other amenities guarantee what I consider a “plush” hiking experience. A few of the back trails can offer a more rigorous hike for those that seek a harder venue. Heck, they even have mountain climbing.


(Above: Balancing Rock – How many times have you seen this rock in a Wile E. Coyote cartoon?)

There is more to life than fishing and few precious things in this world make me realize that more than family. Once we got hiking and exploring the lack of fishing didn’t matter. Well that much I guess.


(Above: These are my two daughters and far too awesome for words. They take precedence over anything else in my life…even fishing.)

It’s actually quite comical that people have to virtually kidnap me if they want me to attend anything that does not include fishing. Kidnapped! Kidnapped I tell you.

My name is Matt and I’m a fishaholic

No comments: