Friday, June 18, 2010

Underwater test - take two…Meet Mr. Bass


(Above: Video embed from my youtube page. There are nearly 50 videos uploaded here. Please feel free to browse when you get bored. Comments, rates appreciated.)

Ever wanted to hang out underwater and see what ol Mr. Bass is up to? This video I shot recently captures a few moments of the fish hanging out in its living room more or less. Not sure how I will work this into a video montage so why not post it on the blogilicious instead of letting it fall on the cutting room floor?

Underwater digital cameras under $250 are getting better and better. The batteries last more than a few minutes and even I have managed to run a few tests without destroying my Fuji WP. Filming in U.W. mode is not the easiest thing in the world but the footage is kind of cool when all is said and done.

Music Credit: “Killing Time” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) – This is a new (to me at least) freesource site that I am sampling music from. Let me know what you think via e-mail or comments section.

Good luck and good fishing!

5 comments:

Bigerrfish said...

Clyde is a movie star!!!
I was watching, waiting for a lure to come by and get ate,, you should try that,, even if it dont eat it, be cool to see one go by.. well done... see ya on youtube

Coloradocasters said...

I will try that eventually but holding my breath underwater and holding the camera at the same time makes it difficult to cast. ha ha

spotted face said...

I thought that bass was going to lunge at the camera! Way cool.

Bill said...

I've been looking into waterproof digital cameras but haven't taken "the plunge" yet. (I came up with that just now) It would sure make me feel a little better about taking my camera out on the streams. Very cool video!

Richard Powell said...

I like the way the bass comes alone, looking for food and then, "hello, what do we have here? I'm not sure maybe I'll turn around and give it some room, but gosh darn it, I can't help my curiosity, I gotta take another look."