Sunday, June 17, 2012

Photos from the field

Through my adventures photos are taken that never seem to make it into specific fish posts. So much of my fishing goes unseen or heard. Even though these pictures may not be ready for prime time fishing posts, I have found a way to fit them in an excerpt called “Photos from the field.”

It never gets old

You think after so many years of fishing that it would get old to me. Even with this mega-no big fish slump of 2012 I still feel my heart racing with every thump and hookset. For fishaholics cast after cast…it never gets old.


Der Frog 2012

My eye catches something moving from the water and into the cattails. Hoping for another painted turtle catch I row in for a closer look. Within a few moments a large frog is landed. I am guessing this is a Western Chorus Frog but won’t bet money on it. Best grimmace shot ever!


Hooked into something BIG!

Oh brother. Not sure why I do things like this and then post it up on the internet. Something about big fish just makes me crazy and this fish was already landed by the time I got there.


Red Bull Car

Every once in a while I see this little car zipping around town. When it comes to a stop two girls get out and start handing out red bull from backpacks designed similar to the car. I am not a big fan of energy drinks but will applaud the creativity of the marketing campaign. And this car is kinda cool.


Summer fun

My 10-year-old daughter threw a summer party and Dad was on the hook for decorations, refreshments and setting up this slip and slide dealio. Having shot down so many other creative ideas from the kiddo (such as the hover-skateboard and indoor insect zoo) I decided to go along with this one. Take a tarp, wet it down and then let the kids run down it with an air mattress. This Dad was fairly impressed at the fact these kids wanted to do something besides movies and video games. Thankfully the police and neighbors didn’t shut the whole thing down.

ColoradoCasters wants to wish everyone a safe and Happy summer. Whether you are having a Stay-Vacation or venturing further out into the wilderness, do your best to make the most out of your summer plans. Before you know it, summer will be gone.

Thank you so much for your views, comments and rates. This blog is fueled by your support. 

Good luck and good fishing.

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

awesome slip and slide, dad! and i LOVE that big ol' frog!

cofisher said...

Way to make the best of a "no big fish" 2012. Just have fun.

Mark Kautz said...

The frog look like a serious contender for the frog jumping contest at the Calaveras County Jumping Frog Jubilee.

Mark

Anonymous said...

That Slip and Slide looks so fun! And I just had a fly fishing stay vacation on the Coeur d'Alene River yesterday! I caught 6 cutthroat trout! Woooo! Hoooo!