Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Photos from the field

Through my adventures photos are taken that never seem to make it into specific fish posts. So much of my fishing goes unseen or heard. Even though these pictures may not be ready for prime time fishing posts, I have found a way to fit them in an excerpt called “Photos from the field.”

Isabell…the fickle mistress

(Above: High altitude fishing is often a gamble of timing and luck. This photo was taken on a trip that was heaping with visual splendor but the fishing was very tough. Sometimes the view is worth more than catching fish. All things considered a fish would have made this a prime time post as opposed to a mere photo splash. Next time.)

Taunted by fish

(Above: A shot of the 2-pound-ish looking rainbow trout that followed the lure but wouldn’t strike on the Platte. Most of the fish here come with a master’s degree and are highly educated. Usually they just laugh at me staying low in the current. This one literally taunted me by coming in and out of the trough once or twice shaking its head in disgust.)

Some fish are just a blur in the back of my mind

(Above: Brown trout slipping back to the water. The motion evidently was blurred in the shot resembling all of the fish my feeble mind can barely recall. Some fish barely stand for the photo op and one picture like this is all I get.)

Big Splash

(Above: White water rafting this year has seen some decent CFS action giving the seasonal industry a bit of a boost and a few extra smiles. Not too shabby.)

Going Overboard

(Above: Not everyone made it through the set of rapids and the rafting guide had to be Johnny-on-the-spot in order to rescue one of the rafters in the smooth stretch. Good thing I had already covered that spot with a few casts.)

Thank you so much for your views, comments and rates. This blog is fueled by your support. 

Good luck and good fishing.

11 comments:

Team MiRketti said...

I always enjoy your photo's from the field. Look forward to your next posting!

Steve Zakur said...

That first shot is stunning!

Jay said...

Very nice. That first shot could be a postcard.

TexWisGirl said...

that first shot is like a cool drink of heaven (we're still over 100 degrees here every day this week). and i loved your highly educated, taunting fish. :)

Passinthru Outdoors said...

holy crap! that's snow on those mountains. Yuck!. Awesome photos though. We deal with the tube hatch around here not so much the raft hatch.

Thanks for sharing.

Passinthru Outdoors Blog - Sharing the Passion

Mark Kautz said...

Hey Matt. Always nice to see pictures from around the country. keep 'em coming.

Mark

BeMistified said...

That first picture is fantabulous. So beautiful!

Michael Agneta said...

First pic...WOW!
Btw, really enjoyed the interview over on the Musket yesterday as well...good stuff!

Coloradocasters said...

@Team Mirketti: Very cool! I am amazed folks put up with me at all let alone my occasional non-fish post. Thank you so much for the comment.

@Steve Zakur: Thank you, sir! I have added your http://aroundyellowstone.blogspot.com/ blog to list of blogs I follow along with the sipping emergers that I am a huge fan of.

@Jay: I appreciate the kind words. The sight takes your breath away. The only thing that would make the shot better is if I was holding a fish.

@TexWisGirl: Once again I can’t thank you enough for your awesome patronage to my lil ol fishing blog. Truth be told the high temp was a blissful 71-degrees and the area felt as if it was immersed in spring as opposed to mid summer.

@Passinthru Outdoors: Ha ha! Too funny. Actually there is glacial ice under that snow somewhere. We did have to hike over a few drifts but we didn’t need snowshoes. It is a nice change from the summer heat

@Shoreman: Thanks Mark! Next time I will stick the landing on a few of those trout and give those fish the photo op treatment! Wishing you the best on the western shores. Glad you stopped by.

Coloradocasters said...

@Bemistified: Why thank you, BeMistified. Glad to see you back blogging and greatly appreciate the comment.

@Troutrageous: Thank you so much for the awesome feedback. The interview was a lot of fun. As for the pic I guess I went with the right lead in picture but you folks know I didn’t catch any fish on this trip, right?

Sanders said...

great photos! enjoyed the lake...and you're right, sometimes the views are worth more than the fishing.